Saturday, March 3, 2018

Apple Pie Danish


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

I have fallen in love with Wewalka Puff Pastry... My favorite part.... It's ready to bake.... No Thawing!  How awesome is that.



This was my first time using the Wewalka  Puff Pastry but will definitely not be my last.  It always seems to happen that I would decide to make something and then realize I needed to thaw the puff pastry.


The puff pastry come in a roll wrapped in parchment paper.  I unrolled the pastry and cut mine in 8 rectangles.  I then scored each rectangle around the edges with a knife, make sure not to cut all the way through.  This helps the pastry puff up on the edges creating a boat like dish for your apple pie filling :)


Next I used a canned apple pie filling, fill free to make your own if you wish.  I took the short cut so I could pop these in the oven when I got out of bed this morning.  I did give my apple pie filing a chop so that the apples were not so big and fit nicely on the pastries.


The crumb topping is really optional, I like a danish crumb on my apple pies so I thought the crumb topping would be good on my danish as well.... and it was!


Here is the apple pie danish right out of the oven and oh how good they smelled!  Actually my whole kitchen was smelling of apple pie this morning!


I let them cool a bit then added a powdered sugar vanilla glaze drizzled over the top.  This set the flavors off and also held the crumbs together.



Apple Pie Danish

Wewalka Puff Pastry
1 can apple pie filling

crumb topping:
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Glaze:
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon whipping cream (can also use half and half or milk)
splash vanilla

Preheat oven to 425 degrees or if you are using convect then 400 degrees.

Unroll puff pastry and cut into 8 rectangles. Place them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.

Score each rectangle around the edges being careful not to cut completely through.

Chop up the apple pie filling and then divide it amount the rectangles.

Prepare your crumb topping by mixing all crumb ingredients together with your hands and then crumble over the top of each danish.

Bake for 15 minutes or until the danish is golden.

Remove danishes from cookie sheet and cool slightly... meanwhile

Prepare the glaze and drizzle over the cool danishes.