Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

It is a toss up for my favorite between my previous post of  Pumpkin Cake Roll and these Pumpkin Cupcakes.

These cupcakes are super moist and have just the right blend of spices.  I love cinnamon/nutmeg/allspice and cloves in my fall desserts!  I store my cupcakes in the refrigerator since the icing is made with cream cheese.  The icing gets a little hard when in the refrigerator but if you set your cupcake out on the counter about 8 to 10 minutes before eating the icing softens up and is super creamy.

I like that the recipe makes  12-15 cupcakes this way I am not tempted all week with these scrumptious cupcakes in my refrigerator.


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting

Cupcakes:
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups flour

Icing:
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 to 31/2 cups powder sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Line cupcake pans with liners.  set aside

Mix together the oil and sugar.  Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla, mix well.

Add Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour and mix until all combined.

Spoon batter into cupcake liners.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes.  Cool before icing.

Icing: Mix all icing ingredients together until smooth.  Ice cupcakes and enjoy.  Store left over cupcakes in the refrigerator.