Thursday, June 23, 2016

Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

I usually use a pork roast or pork shoulder to make my pulled pork.  This week Meijer had Center Cut Boneless Pork Loins on sale.  I love when I can buy a big piece of meat and use it for several different meals.

The first night I sliced a third of the pork loin as pork chops and put them on the grill.  Today I put about a 3 pound piece in the slow cooker for pulled pork and I still have 5 slices left in the freezer for my slow cooker pork chops next week.

I was a little fearful that this recipe might not work and my pork be really dry.  To my surprise this cut of pork worked out awesome.


Dr Pepper Pulled Pork

3 pounds pork loin
1 can Dr Pepper soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
barbecue sauce

place loin into the slow cooker.  Sprinkle the meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Pour the can of Dr Pepper over the meat.  Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 9 hours.

Take meat out of slow cooker and shred with 2 forks.  Pour 1/2 cup of the juices from the slow cooker over the meat and stir.  Stir in your favorite barbecue sauce and enjoy!