Saturday, January 16, 2016

Morgan's Wedding Cake


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Congrats Logan and Morgan!  I was honored to make one of your Wedding Cakes!
As I write this post tonight Logan and Morgan are getting Married, Congrats to you both!



I just received this picture from Morgan's sister.  This is the cake with the topper on it. I love it! Thank You Kasey for sharing this picture with me!!


I got a sneak peek at the reception area and everything was absolutely beautiful!  Morgan chose a simple rough iced 2 tier cake.  


Morgan everything reminded me of you from the wildflower centerpieces to the wooden cake stand, it was all beautiful!


For the Wedding cake they chose Yellow Cake with Cream Buttercream Frosting.  

The cake was made with Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake.  I find Duncan Hines cake mixes hard to beat!

The Icing was a combination of my Aunt Teresa's icing and my Favorite Buttercream Icing.

Morgan's Buttercream Icing

3/4 cup Crisco
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons almond extract
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 pounds powder sugar

Mix together the Crisco and butter until it is light yellow and fluffy.  Gradually add about 1/4 of the powdered sugar, then add vanilla and almond extract.  Now alternate adding the powder sugar and whipping cream until everything is combined and forms a light fluffy frosting.  If desired you can now add in food coloring.  Morgan's dress was cream in color so I found a food coloring called ivory. It was perfect!