Sunday, November 8, 2015

Bacon Ranch Dip


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.


Where did my weekend go?  I can not believe we are getting ready to start a new week tomorrow. Time sure does fly!




Here is one of my favorite pictures of Billy and Cally.  I think they were probably 6 and 4.  This weekend my sweet baby boy, Billy turned 25.  I am not sure where all the time has gone.  It seems like just yesterday he was here home with me.  He sure has grown up to be an awesome young man!


Cally met me in Cincinnati on Thursday night and we met Ree Drummond for the second time.  She is just like you would expect if you watch her shows.  She is the nicest and friendliest person you will ever meet.   Cally and her talked about where Cally attends college and she told us how she is missing Alex.  She is not doing well with separation. 


Today Cally needed a dish to share at a church function she was attending.  I made this Bacon Ranch Dip with Pita Chips.  Oh my this dip is awesome!  My favorite part is the BACON!  I love the Bacon taste with the ranch and the crispy crunch is a bonus!  Cally loves anything ranch flavored and this cheese dip was no exception.

Bacon Ranch Dip

8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon tarragon
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 cup bacon, fried and chopped

Fry bacon, drain and set aside.  In a mixing bowl put cream cheese, sour cream, all the spices and 1/2 cup fried bacon, mix until well blended.  Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup bacon.  If you wish you may also sprinkle on some dried chives.  If you are making ahead of time before serving I did not put the bacon on top of mine until right before I served it.  I was afraid if I put it on and refrigerated the bacon would get soft.