Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Crock Pot Turtle Cheesecake


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
Yum
Here is another Yummy crock pot cheesecake.  My crock pot peanut butter cup cheesecake has been such a hit I have decided to come up with some more flavors of these awesome cheesecakes.
They are so simple to make and actually for me the cheesecakes come out better when I bake them in the crock pot rather than the oven.  When I have made them before for competitions at the fair I had to always put a topping over the top so you would not see that my cheesecake cracked across the top. When I do them in the crock pot I have not had to worry about them cracking.  Maybe it is because of all the steam that builds up inside the crock pot that keeps them moist enough that they do not crack.
I used the same technique as with my other crock pot cheesecakes.  I put foil around my spring form pan to keep the water from seeping into my cake, used the foil ring to keep the pan somewhat out of the water and also put the paper towels between the crock pot and lid so that the moisture that forms on the bottom of my lid does not drip down onto my cheesecake.
You can see a little bit of the caramel on the tip of the slice in the above picture.  I made the crust by adding pecans to the regular graham cracker crust and then before pouring the cheesecake into the crust I put a layer of melted caramel.  Oh this is crazy good!  The crust is chewy just like biting into a candy turtle.   
Then top it off with melted hot fudge, caramel sauce, chopped pecans and then chopped chocolate turtles and when you take a bite your eyes will roll back into your head......it is dreamy!
With making the cheesecake in the crock pot you have to use a smaller spring form pan.  For my crock pot I can use a 6 inch spring form pan.  But with all this decadent candy and toppings on top a little piece is perfect.  I would say you could easily serve 6 to 8 people with this Turtle Cheesecake.
Crock pot Turtle Cheesecake

For the Crust:
3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 
2 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup caramel (which is 10 kraft caramels and 1 tablespoon sour cream melted)*see note
For the Filling:
2 packages cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
Topping
1/4 C hot fudge topping
1/4 C caramel topping
chopped pecans
chopped chocolate turtles

crust:
Cover the bottom and up the sides of your 6 inch spring form pan with foil, set aside.  Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar,pecans and melted butter; press onto bottom of pan. 

microwave a heaping 10 caramels and 1 tablespoon sour cream until caramel is melted enough to pour. Smooth the caramel over the graham cracker/pecan crust.

cake:
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with mixer until blended.  Add sour cream; mix well.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low after each just until blended. Pour over caramel layer.

Make a ring with foil and place in the bottom of your crock pot.  Sit the spring form pan filled with cheesecake mixture on top of foil ring.  Add about 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the crock pot  Take 3 to 4 paper towels and place over the top of your crock pot, now place the lid on top of the towels (this will keep the moisture on the underneath side of the lid to drip onto your cheese cake as it bakes). 

Turn the crock pot on high and let it go without peeking for 2 hours.  Then turn the crock pot off and let sit for an hour.  The cheesecake is now done and ready to chill.  Place the cheesecake still in the spring form pan into the refrigerator to get cold.  After it has chilled to your liking, run a knife around the edges to loosen the cheesecake before removing the ring around your spring form pan.  Microwave the hot fudge and caramel toppings and pour melted toppings into zip lock bags.  Cut a small tip off of the bottom corner of each bag.  Drizzle the toppings over the cheesecake.  Sprinkle with chopped pecans and chopped up chocolate turtles.

*note: to get my recipe to appear correctly on the Yummly site I had to state 1/4 C caramel.  To make this caramel you would microwave 10 caramels and the 1 tablespoon sour cream until it is melted.

You Might also like: click to be taken to these other crock pot cheesecake recipes 

                                             Crock Pot New York Cheesecake