Saturday, January 11, 2014

Almond and Toasted Coconut Cake in a Cup


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

I did these cakes in the microwave and they sure were good.  I was surprised at how quick it was to make them in the microwave.  They are pretty similar to my White Texas Sheet Cake. The Almond flavor was amazing in the cake and icing.

The part I liked the best is there were 2 servings of cake so no left overs.  Being just Bill and I home most of the time if we have left overs I tend to pick at it until it is gone and end up eating way too much cake.

The cakes are suppose to be made in a mug but I decided to make them in my little trifle dishes.  You could make them in any microwave safe bowl that you have.

Almond and Toasted Coconut Cake in a Cup

cake:
4 T flour
4 T sugar
1/2 t baking powder
1 egg
3 T sour cream
3 T butter, melted
1/4 t almond extract

icing:
2 T butter, melted
1 T milk
1/4 t almond extract
3/4 C powder sugar
toasted coconut

Sift together the dry ingredients in a bowl, flour, sugar and baking powder, set aside

Mix together the wet ingredients in another bowl, egg, sour cream, melted butter and almond extract

Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until mixed.

Divide mixture between 2 cups/mugs and microwave for 1 min 30 seconds

For the icing, mix together the melted butter, milk, almond extract and powder sugar.  Pour icing over cakes and then sprinkle on the coconut.

To toast the coconut, I put the amount of coconut I wanted into a small skillet that had been sprayed with cooking spray and cooked the coconut until it was toasted to what I wanted.... oh it smelled heavenly!