Sunday, May 26, 2013

Strawberry Bacon Pasta Salad with Blush Wine Vinaigrette


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

We have ripe strawberries in our strawberry patch.  We have 2 different kinds of strawberries planted.  Billy bought me some plants last year that were different than the ones we had planted the year before.  These that Billy got for me have come on early and they have nice big juicy strawberries on them.


It was nice to walk out into my strawberry patch and pick some fresh strawberries for this salad that I am taking to a graduation party later today.  I am going to have strawberries coming out of my ears by the time they are through.  One thing I will be making again this year is Strawberry Freezer Jam.  Billy and Cally both liked taking jars of this back to school with them.  Gives them a little taste of home when they are away.

Strawberry Bacon Pasta Salad with Blush Wine Vinaigrette
Nina Jones, Crazy for Cookies and More

1 lb strawberries, cleaned and quartered
1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
12 oz bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
2 C Shredded mozzarella cheese
1 C shredded parmesan cheese
12oz bottle blush wine vinaigrette dressing, I used Briannas Home Style

Cook and drain pasta.  Clean and cut up strawberries.  Cook, drain and crumble bacon.  Then mix everything together.  It is better to make a few hours before serving and place in refrigerator so it is nice and cold.  Store lefter overs in refrigerator.