Sunday, January 6, 2013

Buttered Rosemary Rolls


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Starting today it is back to our new normal.  Billy went back to Columbus on Friday and Cally left for Portsmouth this morning.  I loved having them home with me again.  This was the best Christmas ever!

I have made these rolls several times and they are melt in your mouth good.  They are light and airy and oh so buttery good.  The last time I made them I left the rosemary off of a few so if the kids wanted they could put jelly on them and not have the rosemary taste.

I have made a few in a small cast iron skillet but I got rid of my bigger cast iron skillet because of not being able to use it on my stove top.  For Christmas Bill bought me a cast iron skillet that has a rubbery coating on the outside that I can use on my stove top.  I love it!  Anything I have cooked in it does not stick to the sides, it works better than the non-stick skillets.


The best thing about this recipe is that it uses frozen dinner rolls.  So super easy to make.  Just place the frozen rolls in the pan to thaw and rise then doctor them up and bake.



Buttery Rosemary Rolls
adapted from Pioneer Woman

Frozen unbaked dinner rolls
Melted butter
Dried rosemary
Sea salt

Spray a cast iron skillet with cooking spray.  Place frozen rolls in the skillet, leaving plenty of room for rising. Cove and allow to rise for several hours.

After rising, brush rolls with melted butter.  Sprinkle with dried rosemary.  Brush with additional butter.  Sprinkle with Sea salt.

Bake according to roll package directions (usually 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes)  until rolls are a deep golden brown on top.  Serve skillet on the table.