Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blonde Brownies


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Sorry I have not posted lately...whew I am just beginning to catch my breath after our exciting weekend we had.  Round 1 done and now onto round 2 with the graduation party.  Been busy the last couple of weeks buying tableware, table cloths, food and we have gotten the chicken and pork bought and in the freezer.  This weekend I am working on getting the announcements and invitations in the mail.

Now back to the blonde brownies.  These are one of Bill's favorites.  He loves the pieces on the outside of the pan because the have a harder edge on them, works out good for me because I would rather have the inside pieces with no edge.  These remind me of chocolate chip cookies without the chips. They are crunchy on the outside but gooey on the inside and best to eat warm.

Blonde Brownies

adapted slightly from cooks.com

1 1/3 stick butter, melted
2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 C flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t vanilla

In medium bowl stir all ingredients, blend well.  Spread into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.  Cut into squares.