Friday, March 30, 2012

Pasta Shells stuffed with 3 Cheese filling and topped with Sauce


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

I love anything I can smother in Grandpa's Spaghetti Sauce  .  Especially these cheese stuffed shells.  Bill and I (and the kids when they have an open night) have started a new 5K training program called Run For God.  This was the first week of our training.  Bill is in training to run the 5K but I am only walking, no running for me.  It has been really fun to get together 3 nights a week with others and train together.  It has made me get up and do something.  We have been looking forward to training nights.  So on Wednesday night I was looking for something that I could have ready for when we got home from our training.  Even though I usually bake these shells, I thought I would try them in the crock pot.  They came out perfect!

First I boiled my shells

2nd I mixed up the cheese filling

Fill the shells

Yummy

Mix up the sauce and put it all in the crock pot

Pasta Shells stuffed with 3 Cheese filling and topped with Sauce

12 oz Jumbo Shells 

1. Boil shells until al dente (firm to the bite) about 12 minutes


32 oz Ricotta Cheese
1/4 C Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded, 
2 eggs, beaten

2. In a large bowl mix up the cheese filling

3. Place 1/3 of the cheese filling in a large zip lock bag.  Cut off the corner and fill the shells with the cheese filling, repeat with remaining cheese filling and shells.

4. Mix up Grandpa's Spaghetti recipe (click here for recipe) or you can use ready made spaghetti sauce.  Put the sauce in the crock pot and then layer in your stuffed shells.  Cook on high for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
When ready to serve take out of the crock pot and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese if desired.

If you wish to bake them instead of using the crock pot.  Place 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.  Place stuffed shells into the pan, then cover with remaining sauce.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.