Saturday, January 21, 2012

Broccoli and Cheese Ravioli Primavera


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

It has been a little crazy in my kitchen the last 2 days.  Yesterday I was fixing dinner for friends of ours.  He had surgery this week and his wife has been doing a lot of taking care of him so I figured maybe they would like dinner prepared for them.  I made a pork tenderloin, miss polly's perfect potatoes, green beans, 5 cup salad and little cheesecakes.

While I was preparing the cheesecakes I had my oven heating up.  I turned around and saw inside my oven was lit up, my element is on the bottom of the stove and under a panel, so it is not visible except for these little slits in the side of the bottom panel and that is where the light was coming from.  As I opened up the door it sparked, hissed and made a zip noise.  I thought it was on fire so I turned it off, I did not smell smoke so I turned it back on and I could not get it to heat up more than 260 degrees.  So panic started to sink in because it was 3:30 and I was to deliver dinner at 5:30.

It was Mom to the rescue.  My mom and dad live just 1 mile up the road from me so I called mom and she heated her oven up for me.  I finished the cheesecakes, marinated my tenderloin and took them to mom.

Meanwhile I was able to finish everything else without the oven.  Bill came to my rescue.  He took a look at it today for me and it ended up being the element burnt out.  We went in town and bought one at an appliance part store today....so I am back in business!


I love this dish.  The basil adds a nice flavor to it.  I have started using Birds Eye baby broccoli florets.  The best thing about the Birds Eye broccoli is it is all florets no stems.  The baby pieces of broccoli are the perfect size for using in recipes.


   Broccoli and Cheese Ravioli Primavera

1 C water
1 C whipping cream
1 T vegetable oil
1/2 t dried basil
1/8 t garlic powder
1 pkg (24oz) frozen cheese ravioli
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of broccoli soup
1 pkg (14oz) Birds Eye baby broccoli florets

Put water and cream in a skillet.  Place over high heat and bring to a boil, adding oil, basil and garlic powder

Stir in ravioli, cover and return to a boil.  Uncover, stir, reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes then stir again.

Add soup and broccoli, stir to blend.  Reduce heat and simmer uncovered stirring twice to keep ravioli from sticking to skillet.  Serve when broccoli is tender.