Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cookies and appetizers for Church decorating


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Tonight Bill and I went to our Church and helped decorate for Christmas.  The tree up on the alter is so beautiful.  Our Church looks very nice all decorated.

I took cookies and appetizers that we munched on while we worked.  I made my White Chocolate Coconut Toffee Cookies and Reese Cup Peanut Butter Cookies.  I also tried a cookie dip made by my friend Cyndi called Chocolate Chip Cheesecake dip....oh and it was good spread on Vanilla wafers.  I will have to see about getting us the recipe.

My appetizers where Mexican Pinwheels and Dried Beef Cheese Ball.  Everyone enjoyed decorating, visiting and eating.


Reese Cup Peanut Butter Cookies  
adapted from Real Mom Kitchen



3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 bag milk chocolate chips
32 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, each cut into 4 pieces

Mix the ingredients down to the vanilla.  Add soda, salt, and flour.  Fold in chocolate chips. Using a medium  scoop, scoop dough.  Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8 minutes at 350. Remove cookies from oven and lightly press 3 cut up pieces of the Reese’s peanut butter cups over the top of each cookie.  Return to oven for 2 more minutes.  Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes before placing on cooling rack.

Tomorrow I will post my recipes for the Mexican Pinwheels and Dried Beef Cheese ball.