Saturday, October 15, 2011

Broccoli Casserole


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

This is Billy and Cally's favorite veggie dish.   My mom made this dish on holidays as I grew up so it is a family recipe. It has all the good stuff... Velveeta cheese, club crackers and broccoli.  I am not a big fan of veggies but I do like this dish...actually I love anything smothered in cheese!!  My mom's recipe calls for 2 10oz boxes broccoli.  I do not like cut broccoli because I feel you get mostly stems so I use 3 12oz bags  of Birds Eye steamfresh Premium Selects Broccoli Florets.


Hopefully I will get back on the sweet recipes soon, I am still wanting to make a snicker doodle sheet cake that I saw a few weeks back, so keep an eye out for it.


Broccoli Casserole


3 12oz packages broccoli
6 T margarine
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
1/2 lb club crackers


Cook broccoli until tender.  In microwave safe bowl melt the cheese and 2 T butter, stir well.  Put broccoli in a 9x13 baking dish and pour cheese mixture over broccoli.  Melt the remaining butter and pour over the crushed club crackers.  Spread crackers over top of broccoli.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly




Another picture of my baby girl...funny story goes with this picture, well we did not think it was funny but I bet the train conductor does.  While taking this picture the railroad guards starting dinging and the arms came down, we did not even hear the train coming around the bend.  We heard the bells looked up and saw the light on the train coming at us.  Needless to say we moved really fast once we realized what was going on.